Wrapping up our two-part blog When Dangerous Road Conditions Cause Truck Accidents, below we will continue our discussion by specifically focusing on who may be held accountable for compensating accident victims when dangerous road conditions have contributed to causing truck accidents.
Keep in mind that the information in this blog is general and that you are encouraged to consult with the Denver truck accident lawyers at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group for more specific information and professional advice regarding your rights and case.
Who’s to Blame for Dangerous Road Conditions?
Any combination of the following parties may be to blame when dangerous road conditions lead to serious truck accidents:
- A city or county (or a private homeowners’ association) that is responsible for maintaining the roads and keeping them safe
- City maintenance workers who are responsible for clearing roads after storms and/or traffic accidents
- A construction company and/or crew that is responsible for developing a safe road and/or safely setting up/maintaining a construction site on (or near) the roadway
- An engineer who is responsible for overseeing the proper set up and day-to-day operations of a road construction site.
There may be other parties responsible for the safe construction and ongoing maintenance of roads, and the Denver trucking accident attorneys at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group are skilled at:
- Determining when negligence has contributed to the dangerous road conditions that have led to accidents
- Compiling proof of this negligence to help accident victims get the compensation to which they are entitled.
Factors that Can Aggravate Dangerous Road Conditions
While dangerous road conditions themselves can be significant problems for truck drivers and other motorists, these conditions are more likely to contribute to severe accidents when any motorist is less than sober, attentive and focused when driving. This is because, when drivers are not fully sober and alert to the task of driving, they will be less likely to be able to:
- Promptly recognize the dangerous road condition
- Properly respond to it in order to avoid collisions
- Properly respond to other drivers’ delayed reactions to (or entirely missed perception of) dangerous road conditions.
Denver Truck Accident Attorneys at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a truck accident that may have been caused by dangerous road conditions? If so, the Denver truck accident lawyers at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C. are ready to meet with you.
We are here to aggressively stand up for truck accident victims’ rights to compensation and help them hold negligent and reckless parties responsible for injuring them. With more than 35 years of combined legal experience, our Denver truck accident attorneys have a proven record of success and dedication when it comes to helping accident victims get the highest possible settlements for their injuries and losses.
Contact Us Today
If you have been injured in a truck accident, the Denver trucking accident lawyers at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C. are ready to fight for you. We welcome you to learn more about your rights and get a thorough, professional evaluation of your case by meeting with us for a free, no obligations initial consult.
To set up this meeting today, call us at (720) 606-6887 or email us using the form on this page.