Denver Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Biking can be an exciting way to exercise, get around and take in the picturesque views of Colorado. Unfortunately, however, it can also put riders at risk of accidents. In fact, since 2002, deadly bicycle accidents in Colorado have increased by about twofold.1
Whenever bicyclists are injured in crashes, contacting a Denver attorney at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C. can be the best way to figure out the legal options for compensation – and to get cyclists on the path to financial recovery.
At the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C., we have more than 35 years’ legal experience advocating the rights of accident victims, including bike accident victims. Our attorneys are skilled at leveling the playing field, protecting our clients’ claims and setting these claims up for the highest possible settlements. Let us review your potential case, point out your legal options and explain how we can help you in the journey towards recovery.
Call (720) 463-1516 or Email Us for a Free Case Review
Incredibly responsive to inquiries, our attorneys and staff physician respond to all calls and emails within 30 minutes between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. ET. During the evenings and holidays, we respond to inquiries within 24 hours.
What Are Colorado Bicycle Laws?
Colorado bicycle laws2 detail the rules of the road for cyclists, as well as motorists driving near cyclists. These laws cover various matters, like (but not limited to):
- Where and how to ride on the roads, sidewalks and crosswalks
- Minimum passing distance (for drivers passing cyclists)
- Maximum number of riders per bicycle
- Lane sharing rules (for cyclists).
Please note that, in addition to complying with Colorado bicycle laws, cyclists are also required to abide by standard traffic laws, like other roadway travelers.
What Are the Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents?
Bike accidents can be caused by an array of factors. Most commonly, however, the negligence of some party is involved. This negligence can include (and is not exclusive to) the negligence of:
- Motorists – Drunk, distracted and/or careless drivers can fail to look for, see or yield the right-of-way to cyclists, causing crashes.
- Other cyclists – Impaired, inattentive and/or inexperienced cyclists may also contribute to bicycle accidents.
- Equipment manufacturers – Occasionally, the faulty equipment on bikes and/or motor vehicles can cause riders or motorists to lose control of their bikes or vehicles, causing wrecks.
- Parties responsible for roadway safety – A lack of signage, broken traffic signals and a lack of bicycle lanes are just some of the road-related factors that may also play a role in causing bicycle accidents.
Who’s Liable for My Bike Accident?
Liability for your bicycle accident will depend on the cause(s) of the crash and, more specifically, the party (or parties) whose negligence contributed to the accident. While an attorney at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C. can provide a more insightful answer here, please note that:
- More than one party can be liable for a single bike crash.
- Cyclists who may have contributed to the accident can still be entitled to compensation under Colorado negligence laws as long as the cyclists are no more than 50 percent at fault for the crash. When cyclist negligence may have been a factor in a wreck, the compensation from an associated claim will be reduced in proportion to the cyclist’s degree of fault.
How Can I Get a Case Started?
Simply contact the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C., and we can do everything necessary to:
- Initiate your case
- Gather the evidence necessary to compiling the strongest possible claim
- Present your case in any legal setting
- Resolve your case as favorably as possible.
Contact a Denver Bicycle Accident Attorney at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in bike crash, you can get clear, essential answers regarding your potential claim by contacting a Denver bicycle accident attorney at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C.
Call (720) 463-1516 or email our firm for a free, no obligations case review. If you choose to partner with us, you will not owe us any legal fees if there is no recovery in your case.
At the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C., our Denver lawyers are unrelenting advocates for the injured. We have helped numerous people obtain substantial recoveries in various types of motor vehicle accident claims, including bike accident cases. We are ready to put record of effective advocacy and success in these cases to work helping you recover.
1: According to the latest data from the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT)
2: More on Colorado Bicycle Laws