Denver Amputation & Loss of Limb Lawyers
Physically, psychologically and financially, losing one or more limbs can be devastating. When any form of negligence has contributed to the loss of a limb, the injured may have various legal opportunities for seeking compensation and holding the negligent party liable.
At the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C., our Denver injury attorneys are relentlessly committed to advocating the rights of anyone harmed by negligence, including those who have lost limbs.
We have more than 35 years’ experience fighting for our clients, empowering us with the knowledge and insights critical to:
• Providing vigorous, effective representation
• Successfully guiding our clients through the recovery process
• Setting our clients’ cases up for the best results possible.
While the impacts of amputations may never be erased by money, compensation from these cases can be crucial to helping the injured rebuild their lives.
Was Your Amputation or Loss of Limb the Result of Another’s Negligence?
Call (720) 463-1516 or Email Us
for a Free Case Review
We are incredibly responsive to all calls and emails, responding to all communications within 30 minutes (on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET) or within 24 hours (on evenings and holidays).
Negligence, Accidents & Amputations
Some amputations are needed due to disease or illness, like diabetes, for example. In other cases, however, an accident will cause the physical trauma that results in the loss of limb or the need for an amputation. Some examples of incidents that can result in the loss of a limb and/or necessitate an amputation include:
• Accidents at dangerous premises, like construction sites
• Accidents caused by faulty products, like defective consumer products or malfunctioning industrial equipment
• Car accidents, motorcycle wrecks, truck accidents and other types of motor vehicle accidents.
These events often arise from some form of negligence. For instance:
• Dangerous premises can result from property owners failing to maintain the premises or failing to warn visitors about the risks associated with the property.
• Faulty products can make their way into consumers’ hands when manufacturers try to cut costs by using subpar materials or foregoing necessary safety testing.
• Motor vehicle accidents can occur when motorists fail to abide by traffic laws or when faulty automotive equipment prevents drivers from being able to safely handle vehicles.
How Long Do I Have to File an Amputation Case?
The nature of the event that caused the loss of limb will determine the claim filing deadlines. Specifically, according to Colorado law, the injured will have:
• 2 years to file a case for accidents other than motor vehicle wrecks
• 3 years to file a case when the injury has arisen from a motor vehicle accident.
Please note that, when it comes to filing a personal injury case for amputation injuries:
• The clock associated with these deadlines starts running as of date on which the injury-causing event occurred OR the date on which the injury is discovered.
• There may be some exceptions to the 2- or 3-year statute of limitations for these cases.
• Filing these cases as soon as possible is strongly advised to avoid the possibility of losing certain evidence (like, for instance, photos or witness statements).
How Can a Lawyer Help Me with an Amputation Case?
An attorney can advise you of your rights and options, explain the process that lies ahead and help you navigate every step moving forward. This can include:
• Gathering all necessary evidence
• Representing you in any dealings with insurance companies and/or in any court proceedings
• Helping you take the right steps to protect your claim and recovery.
Let the Denver lawyers at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C. tell you more about how we can help you financially recover for the injuries and losses you’ve suffered due to another’s negligence. Contact us today for a free, no obligations case evaluation.
Contact a Denver Personal Injury Attorney at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C.
A Denver personal injury attorney at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C. is ready to provide you with extraordinary representation if you or a loved one has lost a limb due to another party’s reckless or careless actions.
Call (720) 463-1516 or email our firm for essential answers regarding a potential claim. We work on contingency – so you will not owe us any legal fees if there is no recovery in your case.
At the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C., our Denver lawyers have helped numerous clients obtain significant recoveries, even when they thought they were only eligible for a nominal sum. Our track record of success in catastrophic injury cases has earned us outstanding testimonials from previous clients, as well as a stellar reputation among colleagues.