Denver Burn Injury Attorneys
The physical scars and emotional pain caused by burn injuries can last a lifetime. All too often, these injuries are the result of preventable negligence. When they are, the Denver injury lawyers at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C. will be ready to help burn injury survivors:
• Understand their legal rights and the options for holding negligent parties liable
• Take the right steps to initiate, protect and advance their case
• Successfully resolve their case and maximize their recoveries so they can focus on healing.
While we encourage you to check out the content below for additional information about negligence, burn injuries and liability, we also welcome you to contact us whenever you are ready for important answers about a potential burn injury case.
Was Your Burn Injury Caused by Another’s Negligence?
Call (720) 463-1516 or Email Us
for a Free, No Obligations Case Review
Incredibly responsive to all inquiries, our attorneys and staff physician respond to all calls and emails within 30 minutes (on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET) or within 24 hours (on weekends and holidays).
Causes of Burn Injuries
Burns can be caused by contact with various items, like (but not exclusive to):
• Caustic chemicals
• Extreme heat and/or fire
• Scalding liquids, metals and/or gases.
The resulting burns can be classified as first-, second- or third-degree burns, with third-degree burns being the most severe.
Who’s Liable for Burn Injuries?
How and where a burn injury occurred will impact who is liable for compensating the victim(s). While a lawyer at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C. can provide more insight regarding potential liability for your burn injury, below are some examples of liable parties, based on how the injury may have been sustained:
• Property owners, when their failures to safely contain flammable liquids, maintain smoke detectors or provide fire extinguishers contribute to burns
• Motorists, when their negligence leads to crashes that cause vehicle fires and burn injuries
• Manufacturers, when their failures to use quality materials, warn about the risks associated with their products or test the safety of their products play a role in causing burns.
Please be aware that one or more parties may be liable for a single victim’s burns. When multiple parties share liability, they can all be accountable for compensating the victim(s).
What Type of Recoveries Are Available to Burn Injury Victims?
The details surrounding how and why the injury was sustained – as well as the severity of the injury – will impact the amount and nature of the available recovery. Generally, however, those who suffer burns due to others’ negligence can be entitled to compensation to cover impacts and losses like (but not necessarily limited to):
• Emergency treatment expenses, hospital stays, physical therapy and other medical bills associated with the injury (for the past and future)
• Lost income (past and future)
• Property damage (if the event also destroyed property, like a vehicle or home)
• Pain and suffering
• Loss of consortium.
Please note that, in some cases, burn injury survivors may also be eligible to receive punitive damages. This type of compensation is typically reserved for especially egregious negligence (as a way to punish the negligent parties and deter the same misconduct in the future).
Do I Really Need a Burn Injury Lawyer? Even If I’ve Already Been Offered a Settlement?
Yes. The truth is, after suffering a burn:
• It may be unclear who’s negligent.
• You cannot count on insurance companies to be looking out for you.
• Not having an experienced advocate in your corner can jeopardize your case and recovery.
Even if you have been offered a settlement, it’s strongly advised that you talk to a lawyer before taking any action – including cashing any checks that may be sent to you. That’s because an attorney can help you determine is the offer appropriately and fully compensates you for your past losses, as well as the future losses you may incur due to your burns.
Partner with a Denver Personal Injury Lawyer at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C.: Contact Us
If you or someone you love has been burned by an incident that may have been caused by another’s negligence, a Denver personal injury lawyer at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C. is ready to help you determine and pursue your legal options.
Call (720) 463-1516 or email our firm for a free case review. We work on contingency – so you will not owe us any legal fees if there is no recovery in your case.
At the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C., our Denver lawyers have been relentless advocates for the injured for nearly four decades. We are dedicated to providing outstanding representation and client-focused service while striving to help our clients secure the highest possible recoveries.
While money may never erase the lasting impacts of burn injuries, the recoveries we help our clients obtain are often pivotal to helping them restore their lives.