Denver Retail Store Accident Lawyers
The places where you shop may not be as safe you as assume. In fact, accidents occur in retail settings far too often. In many cases, these accidents are the result of preventable negligence.
Whenever retail store accidents cause harm, the injured will likely have legal options for holding the negligent parties accountable and for seeking the compensation and justice they may deserve.
At the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C., our Denver lawyers have more than 35 years’ experience helping the victims of retail store accidents fight for justice and financial recovery.
We are highly skilled at holding negligent parties liable and helping our clients successfully navigate the claims and recovery process. When you partner with us for a retail store accident case, you can rely on our attorneys for vigorous, effective advocacy as we strive to bring your case to best outcome possible.
Have You or a Loved One Been Hurt in a Retail Store Accident?
Call (720) 463-1516 or Email Us for a Free Case Evaluation
Our premises liability attorneys are ready to discuss your situation and clarify your legal options as soon as you are ready for important information regarding a potential case.
Types & Causes of Retail Store Accidents
Various types of accidents can occur in retail settings. These can include (and are not limited to):
- Accidents caused by failures to remove ice and snow
- Accidents caused by failures to properly manage crowds (such as crowds coming for Black Friday sales)
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Falling accidents, including slip and falls, trip and falls, and falling from heights
- Falling merchandise accidents
- Incidents, accidents or attacks caused by inadequate security
- Stairway accidents
- Car accidents (in the parking lots of retail centers).
These and other types of retail store accidents can occur in settings like (but not limited to):
- Department stores, malls and shopping centers
- Restaurants, grocery stores, discount stores and big box stores
- Mom-and-pop shops
- Auto dealerships and rental car agencies
- Appliance retailers and home improvement stores
- Flea markets, swap meets and farmers’ markets
- Gas stations and convenience stores
- Sporting good stores
- Specialty stores.
Retail Store Accidents: How to Prove Liability & Damages
To prove that property owner, manager or other responsible party is liable for a retail store accident, victims generally have to establish that:
- The responsible party was aware of – or should have been aware of – the risky or unsafe conditions at their retail store.
- The responsible party failed to take sufficient or proper action to address and abate the risks and/or warn visitors about them.
- The injuries and losses sustained were the direct result of the dangerous conditions at the retail store where the accident occurred.
- The victims were not trespassing at the time of the accident, and their negligence or carelessness was not the primary cause of the accident.
Damages for these cases can compensate victims for their medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering and possibly other losses. Evidence like (but not limited to) the following can be pivotal to establishing the amount of compensation to which retail store accident victims may be entitled:
- Accident reports
- Accident scene photos
- Diagnostic test results, medical records and doctors’ bills
- Witness testimony, including possibly expert witness testimony.
A lawyer at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C. can help you gather and present all of the evidence necessary to set a retail store accident claim up for success and the maximum recovery available.
Contact a Denver Personal Injury Attorney at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in any type of retail store accident, it is time to contact a Denver personal injury attorney at the Warshauer-McLaughlin Law Group, P.C.
Call (720) 463-1516 or email us for a free, no obligations consultation. There is no fee for our services if there is no recovery in your case.
Known for providing extraordinary representation to the victims of negligence, our attorneys are dedicated to helping our clients obtain the financial recoveries and justice they deserve.